Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015

Hola hola coca cola! 

I'm back! I try to write down what I want to write you throughout the week and I forgot my paper at home so I'm sorry if this is a little rambly this week, but here goes:

It was a rainy week. I love the rain. It cools everything off and we just walk through it and get soaking and it's all good. I love the smell right after it rains and everything is fresh. I love the chill. I actually even feel a little cold sometimes which is incredible. The Iquiteños get really cold when it rains, and all our citas fall through too. They refuse to do anything but sleep when it rains which is a little frustrating, but I would 100% do the same if I had a choice. I always think of Mom when I see them napping. They have these awesome rocking chairs that are like steel with elastic so that they are comfy and fresco. They ALL use those chairs. They are super comfy. 

We went to Quistococha this week with our district for P Day. It is this wildlife park thing about 45 minutes by bus from our zone. It was so fun! The bus is insane. You just hop on and they don't have any doors or windows. Then you sit if there are enough seats, but most likely stand and they BLAST music and you rock up and down the dirt streets until you get where you're going. People hop on to sell stuff and people bring their enormous packages of fruit, eggs, chickens, wood, etc. and just dump it wherever. It is a riot. Quistococha was a really cool, super jungly beach. We saw pink dolphins, monkeys, pumas (¡que pumas!), and a bunch of other animals. It was fun to just hang out and see the touristy stuff. The river was unreal beautiful. I wish I could send pics but I lent my camera to a girl in the ward for the YW/YM dance they had and she erased all of my pictures! We are working on recovering them haha

Food this week: We tried salchipapas! SO yummy. And greasy. French fries with hot dogs and mayo and tomatoes and cabbage. And I had it with Inca Kola so it was true Peruvian food through and through. We also had tacos yesterday. I think they did it to make me feel more at home and it worked! It was almost like home. It was so nice to have tortillas again. 

Yesterday we had a training meeting with four stakes in Iquitos and the Area 70 for the area. I really liked him, his name was Elder Lozano. He was really direct and used D y C to teach us that when it came to the wards we needed to ¨Get our houses in order¨. It was really direct and I felt like I could work harder. It was great. It was also fun to see all the elders and hermanas around.

I am also feeling so much better! Finally! It only took a month but I think I am adjusting to the food and water here.

Crazy things that happened this week:
- another man tried to kiss me, but this time he was really offended when I wouldn't kiss him even though I explained that I couldn't as a missionary and he refused to give me a goodbye handshake. Oh well
- they add ¨ita¨ and ¨ito¨ to everything and sometimes it really confuses me as to what the original word was. This week one lady was talking about these little bugs that had infested her family and her daughter´s ¨vaginitas¨ and I was trying to figure out what she was saying and what that word was and then I got it, and I thought ¨AH! Nope, I do not need to hear any more of this¨
-a family in the ward has a little two year old boy that we call Mormoncito and he was in one of our lessons hanging around without his mom and he was going insane! He was acting like a literal demon. He was hanging from the hammock, throwing water bottles at us, biting us, chewing screws(!), and hitting us with huge wooden sticks. It was a war zone in there. Exhausting. I felt so bad for his mother
-the mom of one of the families we are teaching is traveling and sent back some tortoises to her family. They are enormous and alive and we were like what are you going to do with them? Eat them, they said, we are going to eat them. Ahhh

It is watermelon season so we eat a LOT of that. Everyone offers us watermelon. It's really yummy but it gets messy and they have so many seeds. I never know what to do with them. But, blessings

I'm feeling a lot more comfortable. And guess what, I am the ward pianist now. It is an electric keyboard, the building doesn't have hymnals, and I only know how to play the upper hand, but it is a blessing. The Lord prepares us for different things, and He has a perfect knowledge of what is going to happen, even when we don't know. We found some families this week that are really interested. They have been prepared to at least accept our visits, we are hoping they are prepared to accept. 

I'm glad you got my letter! Hope you liked the corazones. I love you all! Hope you have a great week!

Hna. Fitz

PS I'M GOING TO LIMA THIS WEEK. I AM REALLY EXCITED 


-Selfie with Karol because she is leaving this week :
( and also my pensionista Hna. Mariela! She is the best)




No comments:

Post a Comment