Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015

Well, good news, kind of. We finally figured out what has been making me sick this whole time - turns out I have a parasite! I thought I was just adjusting becasue I started to be sick around the same time that I arrived but it looks like it was just a happy coincidence that I got the parasite and arrived at the same time. I am taking some pills to kill it ( I named it Parry the Parasite) and I am feeling SO much better. And I can finally enjoy the food! Which means now I need to start actually paying attention to what I eat.

-Clinic fun. The third try on the IV. Insanity, literally smiling through the searing pain. What a riot!


This week went by so fast, every week actually goes by so fast. We had a baptism this week (whoo!) and it was really nice. We have a lot of problems getting members to support converts and go to baptisms. This week we had a youth get baptized and we planned the baptism to coincide with seminary so all the youth had to attend. It worked! There were so many people there and it was really nice because his parents were there too and could feel the support, they are still investigating because they have to get married first. Here´s hoping they let the spirit they felt there motivate them for marriage! We have a massive the seventh of December so we are working to get them there. I want to see a massive so I hope they accept, and also their salvation and stuff depends on it.


-Little Remy got baptized! The pants we had were like two thousand sizes too big for him so we took a white paper clip and fixed that problem. Encontramos soluciones constantemente!

-The whole crowd at the baptism. Oh happy day!


We had changes last week and I am in the same area with the same companion. I am getting to know the area finally and the members here. I even gave a talk on Sunday! It was really scary and I actually feel like it went awful but I did it! And with changes we had a sister stay with us for a night because she was going to Moyobomba. There are four cities in the Mission - Iquitos, where I am, Pucallpa, Tarapoto, and Moyobomba. Iquitos is the hub with four zones and everyone eventually ends up somewhere in there. Pucallpa has two zones and has a mall and there is a little bit more money down there but it is hotter. Tarapoto and Moyobomba are the jungle jungle areas with each one with one zone. Moyobomba is the place that everyone wants to go though because it is cooler and cheaper and the people are a bit more educated I guess. I don´t know but the way they described it sounds like a luxury vacation compared to Iquitos. I´m glad I´m here though. Iquitos is a crazy place to be. A lot of times I think, man if they could see what is going on right now, who would´ve ever expected this, I didn´t. I´ve learned a lot of things already. But I´m a Punchanita till I die! Iquitos forever


-Dropping our little hijita for the day off at the airport. Reminded me of my first day coming in. 
Also saw scorpions on the sidewalk as we were leaving so all good things.


Oh, remember how I told you about Mormoncito and his antics. Well, this one takes the cake. My comp wanted to borrow a ball that he had and so his mom put it in a bag for us. Mormoncito was less than thrilled. He screamed and bit my comp. Then it seemed like he calmed down a little bit. She was holding the bag and we were talking to the sister when all of a sudden we look down and see that he has his pants down peeing on my comp´s feet! It was hilarious! We could not believe it. He is now Diablito to us.

Oh, also I forgot to tell you that in Iquitos there aren´t really signs or billboards with ads and stuff. Mostly people just accept payment for their houses to be painted by companies. There are houses all over the place that are all green and painted with the Kola Real mark. I think it´s so funny. And politicians campaign that way too. That´s why my name is all over the streets - because there was a political candidate with my name. 

I love you all so much. Thank you for all that you do for me. I´m keeping on keeping on down here.

Hermana Fitzpatrick

-My district at Quistococha a couple weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment