Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015

Well, well, well, it´s that time of the week again. We had quite the week this week and it flew by. Can I believe that next week is Christmas and that I will get to talk to you all? Nope. Any package? Nope, but I am hopefull that it will be here tomorrow. There is one courier and they have been on strike for about a month so that´s why it´s probably taking so long. They say they usually get here in two to three weeks. I´m on the lookout though!

Today are changes! My second cambio in the mish completed! This cambio flew by and I can´t believe I already have three months on the mission. Pretty soon I´ll have 6, and then 9, and then I will be dead. Time flies! All the sister training leaders from all 6 zones went home this change so we will have all new ones which is pretty crazy. We have a little bit of a drought of sisters right now so my comp, who has been here for 14 months, has the most time of all the sisters. We are thinking she is going to be a sister training leader, but we won´t know until tonight. And you won´t know until next week haha! I´m pretty sure I´ll stay here in Clavero. Who knows, we could be here together. 

This week was super super hot and we too are awaiting El Niño. The river has grown a little bit but it has a long ways to go. The only day it rained this week was Sunday which was awful because no one attends if it rains. It confuses me, because they all live here in the rain all the time, but if it rains they will not go to church. 

-this is a regional dish we have sometimes. It is fried bananas, the hard potato tasting ones, mashed together into a ball. I like eating it with hot dogs. Also, excuse my face, it had just rained

-uvilla! our favorite fruit. We eat it every Thursday during weekly planning


This week on Wednesday we got a call from the offices that a sister from Tarapoto who was going home was going to stay with us her final days. The last couple days as a missionary are filled with immigrations, training, interviews, and goodbyes. She accompanied us for a lot of our lessons, but a lot of the time we were taking her to all the places she had to go, mostly in the centro, which is about a ten minute moto from our house. It was fun to see her go home and go everywhere with her, but it wasn´t really how we were anticipating spending the last week of this change. Oh well, the Lord had other plans for us this week. 

-our little mamita Hna. Vega. Super sweet. And she is from Riverside! 


Last P Day we went to Quistococha again, as a zone. It was super fun and we played missionary tag on the beach of the Amazon river. Who else can say they have done that in their life? 

-more new friends!

-welcome to my everyday

-the Amazon beach, pretty crazy and beautiful


 I´m learning about paitience and the Spirit. If we have true desires to feel it´s influence in our lives, and we are patient, it will come. We are also sharing the ¨A Savior is Born¨ video a lot and it is awesome! It you haven´t seen it, look it up, and if you have seen it, share with a friend! Also the other one, the why we need a savior is really great. I love having the Christmas spirit about because it is so powerful to testify of Christ when everyone is thinking about Him. 

-getting into the Christmas spirit at a less active´s house


I love you all! I will actually talk to you soon! 

Hermana Fitz








No comments:

Post a Comment