Monday, February 15, 2016

February 15, 2016

Hi all!

Don´t have a lot of time to write because the internet has been painfully slow today but I´m doing well and we had a good week this week.

It has finally been raining this week! It is so nice to at least have brief moments of relief from the heat. We were coming out of an appointment one day and it started pouring! We got so soaked. I was in a white shirt too and it went completely see through! Luckily I had put on my undershirt that day so I was saved but it was a close one. When it pours the kids all play in the rain outside. I think the parents use it as a chance to not bathe them another day.

In other news, I´m gaining so much weight! I can´t stop! Ahh The rice really catches up fast. I eat so little in comparison to the other people here and I am still climbing quickly. What can a girl do? Looks like I will be coming home with my rice pouch in tow.

This week we were with an investigator and we asked him if he had prayed since the last time we had met. He said he had and we asked how it went, if he felt that he had recieved an answer. He said he had and that he had found what he was looking for. We were so excited and asked what he had been looking for. He told us he had lost his cellphone memory and that he found it! My comp started uncontrollably laughing and I was at a loss for words. It was just a classic moment. Things like that just seem to happen all the time to us. The things people tell us in lessons just make us laugh sometimes.

Yesterday was just one of those days where we didn´t find anyone in their house because Valentine´s Day is just another excuse to drink. It was pretty crazy but we finally found some people to teach.

Sorry nothing spectacular this week, not a ton to report. Another week in the jungle. Also sorry, no photos, the internet is way too slow this week.

Love you!


Hermana Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment