Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016

Hola All! 

Last week of the transfer here and I´m am wondering how I almost have six months here. It feels like a long time and it is starting to feel like a really long time that I have been in this area. It´s weird to think my entire mission so far I have only been in one area. I think it is the most likely thing that I will be transferred next week, but you never know. 

This week was really rainy. Right now we are in an internet cafe in the city because the one in our zone is closed and it is raining hard outside. I am feeling better but this week I had parasites again so that was a little rough. But at least this time I knew it wasn´t normal so I didn´t let it get out of hand. I am all better now though. Who knows what makes me sick out here. Probably everything. 

There have been several missionaries with dengue so the mission sent people to fumigate all the houses. We had to make sure nothing that was going to touch our skin was in sight and couldn´t go in the house for a couple hours and when we went back in it smelled awful and it killed all the spiders and everything from the ceiling and made it fall over everything! We had just cleaned but we had to clean everything again! But at least we have some more protection from dengue and zika. 

Once every transfer we have exchanges with the Sister Training Leader and I had one this week in my area with Hna. Willes. She´s from Carlsbad! She´s really cool and I learned a lot from the visit and I am excited to keep working and pushing myself to improve. It was nice to finally be able to speak English but it was also a mix because we both realized we have forgotten a lot of English. 

Speaking of English, we were also invited to teach an English class this week. It wasn´t really clear what was going to happen so we just showed up and it was a huge room full of young children, but also old people and a teacher. He told the class that we were there to teach them culture and made them applaud us like fifty times! He made them applaud us being there, applaud us when we stood up, applaud our punctuality, applaud our happiness, and applaud every five minutes when we talked. I just pronounced in English a couple phrases and then we taught them the first lesson. It was awesome because we had like 50 contacts in one and we had a lesson too! Then people wrote down their address on a piece of paper if they wanted us to visit them and we had a ton of names! It was really cool. 

Yesterday we also had a special conference because the stake president was released and we have a new stake president. Elder Uceda came back to choose the new president and it was a great meeting. He talked about the Sabbath day and really burned everyone. It was a little hard to hear but it was good. The new president is a young man, he has a young family with one two year old baby boy. It was odd to see a stake president like that but I know the Lord calls his servants here and I hope that he will be a blessing to the people of Iquitos. 

We ate paneton again this week with chocolate! They are really cheap now because they are getting rid of all the ones that they didn't sell for Christmas and New Year's. Love that stuff! Literally can´t get enough so I bought a whole one just for me. 

Hope you have a great week! And find the person who broke through the wall, how bizarre! I am so grateful to have an eternal family and love each and every one of you so much. 

Con mucho amor, 

Hermana Fitzpatrick


No comments:

Post a Comment