Monday, September 5, 2016

September 5, 2016

Well,
-walking in the middle of the street as usual 
 - double rainbow and the first full arch rainbow I have seen!

I´m honestly pretty much out of things to say about Tarapoto. It´s beautiful, it´s hot and my companion is awesome. We are striving to be completely obedient always and it is so true that miracles come from that. As far as studies go Mom we have a schedule that we try to follow for our companionship study:

1.start with a prayer
2.read 3 pages of the mission manual
3.repeat the mission culture and the 8 fundamental principles
4.watch a video from the District
5.share what we learned in personal study
6.make lesson plans for the day
7.do some practices
8.get ready to leave and head out 10 min before the hour

Sometimes it´s a race to fit it all in but I really enjoy companionship study because when we prepare beforehand the lessons go so much smoother and we are able to really get to the bottom of people´s questions and doubts. In my personal study I read the Book of Mormon, and I am trying to read the Bible too, study Preach my Gospel and then study other topics of interest. When we have some downtime here or there I like to read the Liahonas. I have really grown to love the words of the living prophets.

- my branch president and the elders in the branch
-some of my latin loves here
- our mission leader jajaja Roldan 

We have been on the search for paneton because I miss it and it is really yummy but it won´t be here until October for Christmas season :( we will just have to wait.

- a jungle hot dog! It´s a grilled banana and they fill it with peanuts, cheese, or fried pork. Yum yum! I like it with peanuts and it only costs one sol! A bargain. Literally sold on ever corner
- our ward council always has refreshments and they brought ají de gallina! my favorite! 

 I also tried cow intestine this week. Not bad but not my favorite. It´s called cau cau.

- meeting a turkey! 
- little turkey

 Still super hot and miserable but we asked for hats so we will see :)

Love the gospel. Love the Lord. Know this is His work. He heals us when we are sick and lifts us when weak. I know it.

Hermana Fitzpatrick 













No comments:

Post a Comment