Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10, 2016

WOW WHAT A WEEK. I FINALLY HAD CHANGES AND HAD TO PACK ALL MY STUFF UP FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE MARCH.

- a very sad goodbye in the airport in Tarapoto

- the river as we were landing in Iquitos!  

I am now in     IQUITOS     with     HERMANA ROBINSON      as my comp. 

- My first gringa!!!! Wild times

Fun facts about Hermana Robinson:
- she is gringa! My first ever gringa companion
- she is from Canada but came from and her parents are from England 
- she plays rugby
- she had her birthday on Friday and is now 20 
- she has three older brothers and is the youngest 
- she is the best! 

- Hna Robinson´s birthday. Tres leches cake! What a win!

With consejo and changes and everything this week we had a lot of things that took us out of the area but we were able to reach all our goals even with that! It was a miracle! I still don`t know how it happened. It`s been a great week. 

- seeing Hna Vazquez from my group for the first time in more than a year! Dreams come true! 

 - ran in to my first pensionista!! Love that lady

 Being back in Iquitos is a trip. I felt like I was going back on the mission for the first time when I got off the plane. It was really sad to leave Tarapoto and I love it with all my heart but it is actually nice to be back in Iquitos. It is more city than Tarapoto and my new area is 28 de Julio which is in Zona Iquitos , Estaca Iquitos. It is the heart of Iquitos and it is SUPER pituca . I never saw such nice houses in my other area and everything is paved roads so it is crazy rich. I am right in the middle of the city and loving it! We have a lot of people progressing and are finding new people every day. The ward is great and the mission leader is super awesome! And my companion is awesome. There are cons to being with a gringa, especially with the Spanish part not really being able to help each other. But we try to always speak in Spanish and it is going pretty well. Hna Robinson has almost a year in the mission but I had never met her because she was is Pucallpa. But, there are also a LOT of pros. Culturally it`s just nice to be with someone who gets it. It is also nice to just be with someone who has the same work ethic as I do. Ping pong has just come really easily and it is just easy to be obedient and diligent. It has just been really nice.

I am meeting everyone in the ward and I forgot how difficult it is for people to say my name! They just look at my name and their faces just go so squished with frustration. I didn`t really have that problem as much in Tarapoto but we are back in the city. We even have the mission offices in our zone so everything is just right there. No more waiting for every month to get packages! What a blessing. 

- Zona Iquitos. Pretty wild times

 It is also raining so much! That`s also nice. I had forgotten about the crazy rain of Iquitos. Nowhere rains like it rains here. Not even Tarapoto compares with the rain of Iquitos. It`s great. Nice and cool. 

Well, I´m just really happy and moving forward and in Iquitos now! All good. Love you lots and talk to you soon! 

this one is for dad


Hermana Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment