Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016

Wellll the internet is SUPER slow today. Forgot about that in Iquitos. But, I will have some good internet downtime to be able to write.

It has been a BIG week. 

First, we had some challenges. My companion got parasites this week. Just the usual toll, but it is awful. Just a rough process from start to finish. I felt so bad for her but she handled it like a champ. She even stayed at a member´s house for a little bit while I went out and worked with a member but it was just rough for her. We were both anxious to get back to work. Being sick is the worst in the mission because there are no benefits - there are no movies, no one waiting on you, no breaks and a whole bunch of goals and expectations piling up! I felt really bad for Hna Robinson because she just wanted to work so bad. But, after a couple days and some parasite pills she was back in action. 

This week we also had a huge surprise...we got a bishop! The old bishop`s wife has cancer and he left about 7 months ago to be with her in Lima and hasn`t come back since so the ward has been running with just the counselors for a while. But, this week the first presidency finally authorized his release and we got a bishop! And he is AWESOME. He is already the best bishop I have had in the mish. He recently moved into the ward two months ago and was in Lima for the last 5 years or so. He is so efficient it`s crazy! The whole energy of the ward changed in two hours! It is a whole new 28 de Julio! I am so grateful because we had kind of felt that we were doing everything alone and holding the ward together but he is taking charge in a real way. Love that guy. And his wife is fabulous. And they have a car so they are playing with some serious dough. He is the best and he loves us too and offered to pick us up anytime anyplace. He is the best. Big time happiness and relief. 

Also this week we had a visit from a general authority. I was not that excited to be honest for this guy to come, Elder Godoy. We have had 70 visit us before and sometimes they just think they are apostles. But, I prepared myself and went with an open mind. It was the best! My favorite general authority hands down and best conference of my mission. It was so enlightening and inspiring. He was so personable and made us laugh and feel the Spirit. He reminded me so much of Dad. I had a wonderful time. His wife was the best too. He is the area president and is not actually a Spanish speaker. He is from Brazil! But he spoke English and Spanish. It was so nice to see someone else also make mistakes in Spanish besides me! It was so fun. He just was so inspiring and really made me more excited to work. My companion and I have just been talking about his visit ever since then. 

That`s pretty much it for this week. Not too much to report. No photos sorry :( I forgot.

Love you all! 


Hermana Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment