Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016

Well,

It´s been another great week! Wow, first of all, how great was conference! I was able to see all the sessions (menos the priesthood obviously). It was such an uplifting weekend! I especially loved the messages of Elder Uchtdorf and the prophet on the plan of salvation and the message about serving where we are sent. I have been thinking about that. As I am looking forward to the changes today I am really feeling like I am going out of Tarapoto but I am excited to see where the Lord would have me go. I was so inspired! 

- watching conference with our district

 - all the sisters in the zone

We also had some great stuff happening this week. I had been feeling a little bit like I have been in this area so long and I don´t have really anything to show for it. But I was reminded again this week that the Lord knows the desires of our hearts and always gives us blessings according to our obedience. We have been teaching Mary Carmen for a while and she just hadn´t been wanting to accept a date for her baptism. It was our last effort Saturday and I invited her and felt strongly that the 29 of October was right for her. She said she would pray about it. I felt ok but I felt like maybe she wasn´t going to accept. Then on Sunday we had another lesson with her and she said she had prayed about it and accepted the date! She said that the 29th was a special date for her and didn´t know how I had known that, The spirit is our best guide! 

We also had the baptism interview for Carlos Celis, the son of the less active family that came back to church. Brother Celis went to all 10 hours of conference! And brought his wife too! It was incredible to see. Not even our branch president or district president did that. Then, after the last session, he waited outside with us while his son was interviewed. When Carlos came out with the green light he was so happy and his dad and he hugged and Brother Celis cried as he spoke of the way that Carlos brought his whole family back to the church. They both have their sights on the temple. 

Felt the Spirit and know that God knows and loves me and each one of us. 

- Fam. Aguirre had this little surprise when we went to teach them. 
¨Hermana Fitzpatrick te queremos mucho.¨ Such a dear family to me 

 It will be really hard to leave Tarapoto but I am preparing myself and my companion little by little. 

Hermana Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment