Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016

Wow, Dad I hope you are ok. That is really scary. I hope the scooter won´t do that again and that you are up and feeling better soon.
Sounds like it has been a wild week back home. Hope everyone is ok.
The zone from the change before when we went to the waterfall in Ahuashiyacu

This week was actually stellar for me. We hit it hard this week and just worked like crazy. It was nice to get back at it after having a disappointing week. We met all our goals for the week and had the highest numbers in the district. We felt pretty good. We also had a work visit this week with the sister leaders. I went to their area in Partido Alto and it is really beautiful. I worked with Hermana Roque from Bolivia and it was really inspiring. We set goals afterwards and have just been super dedicated this week to our work. Even though we had another date drop we really felt ok and prepared for it and we were able to work with the members and find a new family that are really great. I know that the Lord is in this work and that he guides our path to those that are prepared and that in the end, His work is not frustrated, just ours.
We also had our last interviews and room revisions with President and Hermana Gomez. They are leaving next month and President and Hermana Li get here on June 28. It was pretty surreal, but it was my favorite interview that I have had yet. I left so uplifted. I have really been thinking lately about how I´m getting close to the middle of my mission and if I have really changed all that much. President asked me exactly about that and my progress and I was really able to reflect on all that has happened so far. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord. It has been trying and difficult at times but I thought about that interview as we worked that night. It rained all that day and I was walking through the mud in my boots as another cita fell through. I felt SO happy. I can´t describe it. I just thought that I would not trade this experience for anything. I have changed. I feel so much more confident in my testimony of Jesus Christ and I know so firmly that Heavenly Father loves us. Every single one of us. The fun jungle experiences are great to tell a story but my mission is really centered on that fact - that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that Jesus Christ is our savior. Through the rain, through the challenges, through sickness I am so blessed to be able to share my testimony with the people here in Peru and to see people change their lives by accepting and living the gospel.
Also these were my third room revisions and every room revision if you pass and have a clean house they give you a little apple sticker. With three stickers you get to go to lunch with President. So, I got my third apple and went to lunch! It was awesome. We went to a SUPER fancy restaurant called Chalet Venezia and could order whatever! There were four sisters and three elders there with President and Hermana Gomez and the assistants. I ordered a chicken quesadilla because President said it was really good and I trust him because he receives revelation for me, and he is Mexican, so I ordered it. SO yummy. Came with guacamole and everything. And we had refresco of passion fruit and grape and camu camu which is a fruit that only exists in Iquitos and is super yummy. It was basically a dream. I went to pick up my companion afterwards because she ate lunch in the pension and she was thoroughly jealous. She ate chicken and rice. Lol. First meal they have not put rice on my plate!
It also rained so hard this week and our street which is dirt turned in to a full on river. I had to put my boots on to go to breakfast! And we had to go to a different street because it was impossible to pass through. It was awesome.
Everyone has commented on my cercillo (that´s what they call bangs here) and it´s a classic. Getting used to it. Sent more selfies and feel no regret for taking them. If living in South America has taught me anything it is that you should never be ashamed of a selfie. Own it. The ladies here take it to the extreme with their selfies.
Love you all and hope that you are all ok. I pray for you always.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hermana,you terrific at expressing yourself. In your writing. What a gift. I am in Germany until Monday the 23rd. I will call your dad as I am unaware of anything. May three spirit of be with you and those you teach.
    Sincerely
    Steve Sherman

    ReplyDelete