Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016

Wow familia! What a week it has been. A good one, at least.

It has been really rainy this week so that has been fun. The umbrella has come in handy this week. On Sunday I took it out and it was barely misting but I had put makeup on so I was not messing around. My companion laughed at me all the way to church. Then, that night it rained for reals while we were out working and I had my umbrella and she didn`t! Begrudgingly she had to ask for us to share and of course I let her. Always have to be prepared.

Hermana Velasquez ready to go. We have to walk with a ldm (Book of Mormon) in hand so we put plastic on ours so they don`t get ruined.

 Also, here in Tarapoto on Sunday they collected containers that hold water so that they don`t transmit zika and dengue and the such. Sooo church was cancelled last minute in the morning and we just had sacrament meeting in the afternoon. It was so odd. We went out and worked in the morning and then had an hour of church. I also had to give a talk on fasting, but it actually went pretty well. I was super nervous because I still don`t feel super comfortable with my Spanish but afterwards everyone told me my Spanish was really good so that was a confidence booster. Peru is so bomba. This week we only had one hour of church and the 5th of June we don`t have church again because it is the second round of voting. I just want to go to church! 

Last week of this change and we really don`t know what is going to happen! We could both stay, both go, or one of us could stay. We will see! 

Sending lots of love back home and miss you lots. Not much to report for this week. Still happy still working. Still not having much success here but still carrying onward. 

Also, ordered pizza for the first time and it was delicious! I have missed that stuff!

 When we went to the fancy restaurant! 

My lunch the other day. I was overwhelmed

Hermana Velasquez loves green spaghetti!! Just kidding, she hates it and refused to eat it. I love it

Here in Tarapoto there is a missionary couple and today we are going to their house to eat lunch and play uno! Exciting stuff out here! 

Also BIG NEWS. They might be changing the mission rules here so that the sisters can now wear pants to proselyte. I will keep you updated but hey! That`s big. They say it will help to prevent mosquitoes and zika and dengue and the such. 

Selfieessss plus Hermana Velasquez judging me for taking so many dang selfies




Hermana Fitz









No comments:

Post a Comment