Monday, August 15, 2016

August 15, 2016

Thank you for the routines! We are going to put them in practice this week.
Wow this week was really crazy. Just one more week and changes again but I´m pretty sure I will be staying. This change has flown by though. Also it looks like it will be another change without new sisters. All the sisters are dying and no one is coming to replace them! We are in a drought!
We had interviews with Pres. Li this week and room revisions. He is such a good man and you can feel his love when he talks. His wife too is so sweet. Really great people and I love them a lot. We talked to President about Edwin and what we should do. He said he would accompany us on a visit so we passed by in the afternoon. It was an incredible visit! I was a little nervous to have my mission president there but it was so comfortable. They talked for about an hour and a half and we all testified and Pres. Li gave Edwin the most powerful priesthood blessing I have ever heard and Edwin cried. The Spirit was so strong. By the end of the lesson he agreed to be baptized in September and Pres. Li is going to baptize him! They are both excited and Edwin finally attended church yesterday! So many blessings.
I definitely see a huge change in me. I was actually talking to my companion about that and how even going to Spain wasn´t such a defining experience as this is. To come to the point of loving people so much I never thought I would get to. I told her they are things you can´t teach, you can only learn through experience and I can´t imagine how my life would be if I had never had this experience.
- finding flowers and being almost twins
  - with Gloria, a less active member, on her street all decorated for their neighborhood anniversary
- Alan and Dayana, some investigators, in their house

We don´t hear anything about the Olympics. Let me know how the U.S. is doing and the big news. 
Other than that not much to report. Finding blessings wherever we go, also scamming everyone into buying us pollo a la brasa! It´s so good!
Update: people still can´t pronounce my last name. One lady called me Hermana Hushpuppies this week.
Today we return to Lamas as a zone and we are headed back to the castle. Should be cool. I currently have a tupper of arroz con pollo and orange juice in my backpack.
- another work visit in Partido Alto

Love you all!
Hermana Fitzpatrick








No comments:

Post a Comment